As much as we all hate aging, it is an inevitable part of our life. As years pass, and as we keep celebrating our birthdays every year, we know that we are aging. And how can someone know if you are approaching old age without knowing your date of birth? It’s through the fine lines, wrinkles, and the loose skin on your face and body! Our skin constantly keeps undergoing changes with time, and once we reach a certain age bracket in our lives, these changes become visible to us. For some, loose skin and fine lines appear early and for some, it appears late; but we should be aware that these changes cannot be reversed back. And therefore, we should refrain from medical treatments that promise us younger-looking skin.
Reasons Behind Loose Skin
- Aging body, genetic factors, sun exposure, weight changes, etc. can cause skin loosening.
- Elastin and collagen are responsible for the firmness of the skin. Loss of these two can cause skin loosening (1).
- Smoking and other kinds of toxic exposure can also lead to skin loosening.
- Aging is one of the major contributors to sagging skin.
- Dry skin problems can also cause the skin to loosen up.
How To Treat This Problem Naturally?
The answer lies in nature! Out there in nature, lies this world of natural oils which can also be used to tighten the loose skin of our faces. These oils soothe our skin and repair the skin damage. Have a look at some of the essential oils that we think will tighten up the skin and prevent sagging, wrinkles, and fine lines, etc.